Description of the internship
İhsan Doğramacı Center for Foreign Policy and Peace Research (CFPPR) located at Bilkent University offers full and part-time internships in the fall, spring and summer for undergraduates, advanced students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience and in assisting with our research and program goals. The main purpose of the CFPPR is to help develop agendas and promote policies that contribute to the understanding of Peace, security, and development. Applicants are encouraged to become more familiar with the Center’s main areas of work by looking at our Events page and past issues of our journal, All Azimuth. Please note that we only offer unpaid internships.
Duration of the internship
CFPPR offers part-time and full-time internships during fall, spring and summer periods.
As a general rule, part-time interns are expected to devote 20 hours per week.
Announcement & Deadline
Announcements will be made 1 month before the deadline.
- Fall internship (September-January)- Deadline: September1st
- Spring Internship (Jan/February-May)- Deadline: December 1st
- Summer Internship (June-August)- Deadline: May 1st
- Must be at least a 3rd-year student in good standing, a graduate student or a recent graduate
- Must have at least a 3.2 GPA
- Good command of written and spoken English. Another language is a plus.
We will review all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
The number of the interns to be selected depends on the Center’s needs and projects.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a CV in English as one document.
Please also name the document with your last name.
Applications that do not comply with requirements above will not be considered.